5 Card Photo StoriesThe Tuesday and Thursday classes did 5 Card Photo Stories. This was the first time doing this with the Tuesday afternoon class and they did a wonderful job! Students working alone or with a partner have 5 minutes to come up with a story involving 5 photos. For a more detailed description and sample photos check out this post from a few weeks ago.
Funny FaceThe Wednesday afternoon class played 'Funny Face'; a charades style game. The class was divided into two teams. One student from a team would come up and be given a scene or action to act out (for example; "be a dancer", "go for a walk in a windstorm") and their team-mates would try and guess what they are acting out. This would alternate back and forth between the two teams, with everyone having an opportunity to act out a scene. This class has many talented actors; they did an excellent job acting and making good guesses.
Passport Please!The Wednesday afternoon class has been designing their own passports or ID cards. Last week students decided what to include on their passport / ID cards and this week they finished them up. Each passport / ID card is unique, not just because they identify unique individuals, but because each individual decided what information to include and how to lay it out.
Our Own InventionsThe morning classes continued to work on designs for their own inventions. Students spent time researching to see:
- if their invention already exists
- what technology their invention will require
- if their invention is realistic
- what components it will require
- mood paint -- paint it on walls and it changes colours when you touch it
- running shoes with jets in the soles -- they help you land safely if you fall from a height
- a variety of robots that can act as pets or do specific tasks for you
- a mousetrap involving a rubber net
- multi-coloured paintballs -- single pellets contain more than one colour of paint
- traceable, re-usable air pellets
- a magnetic zipper